Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Pat Bing Soo at Sull Bing in Korea

On my trip to Korea to visit my extended family I went to my uncle’s house with my cousins’ family. I stayed there for about five days. During that time I went to eat Pat Bing Soo. Bing Soo is shaved ice often made with milk and served with red bean sauce and soft rice cakes. It is a traditional Korean summer dessert. There used to be just one flavor, the red bean sauce; but now they have various kinds, such as mango, strawberry, melon, lemon, you name it! I had mango Bing Soo and my cousins both had red bean Bing Soo. The place we went was called Sull Bing. Sull is a Chinese character that means “snow.” Guess what Bing means, red bean? No! it means ice. The portion was too big, so I couldn’t finish it. My cousins ate more but I was feeling the coldest. Korean summer is super hot, but because we ate a lot of Bing Soo, we didn’t get heat exhaustion. That is all I can say about Pat Bing Soo.
P.S I liked it because it was sweet and refreshing. I recommend it highly.




No comments:

Post a Comment